- Q1) What is the standard operating procedure if you found items left inside the taxi by our commuters?
- Q2) What are you expected to do with high profile items found after office hours? Example of high profile items: passport, luggage, air-ticket or large amount cash?
- Q3) Can I return the lost items to any Police Establishment?
- Q4) Can I return the lost items to General Counter?
- Q5) Can I keep quiet and keep the item myself?
* During office hour, please return the found items to Lost & Found office at 383 Sin Ming Drive or call Customer Service hotline 6552 4525 press 1 to make a Found Report and return the items the next to the Lost & Found counter or on the next working day.
* After office hours (Monday to Thursday), please call Customer Contact Centre 6552 4522 to file a Found Report and return the items to Lost & Found counter the next working day
* After office hour (Friday to Sunday), please return found items to any of the police stations and contact Customer Contact Center at 6552 4522 to make a Found Report with provision of the police report number.
* Please call Customer Contact Centre 6552 4522 to make a Found Report. If there is already a report lodged by the rightful owner, an immediate arrangement will be made to return the found item to the customer.
* If no lost report lodged by the owner, please return the item to the Lost & Found counter on the next working day during office hours or to any police stations during Weekends and Public Holidays.
* Police Establishment will only accept found items during the Weekends and Public Holidays. You are advised to return the found items to our Lost & Found counter during office hours, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
* No. Drivers are expected to return all found items left behind by passengers to the Lost & Found counter or to the nearest police post during Weekends and Public Holidays.
Under the LTA VLPS
* Retaining posession of passenger's property left behind in taxi for more than 24 hours but less than 7 days will have 5 demerit points or a fine of $300.
* Retaining possession of passenger's property left behind in taxi for 7 days or more will have the VL revoked or 21 demerit points or a fine of $500.